Borrowing books whilst self-isolating
Books can still be borrowed from the library if you are self-isolating. They should be collected for you by a friend or helper:
- Email the library enquiry desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the books you need.
- Include in your email:
- the title of the book, its author and shelfmark.
- Include a link to the SOLO catalogue record if you can.
- The name of your nominated helper who will pick the books up from the library
- The books need to be collected from the library during staffed hours (during term 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday)
- Your nominated helper should come to the desk to ask for the books. They will need to show their own Bod card when they arrive.
- The books will be issued to you on your own library account.
- Books should not be returned from a self-isolating reader. Only return books once you have left isolation. Renew any books on SOLO before they become overdue or ignore the automated overdue notices. We will be in touch directly if there is a problem.
- If you are asked to return a book because it has been reserved by another reader, email us at email@example.com