The University has produced a number of resources which may be helpful for both students and teachers when thinking about applications.
- Oxplore: https://oxplore.org/. As the ‘Home of Big Questions’ Oxplore aims to engage those from 11 to 18 years with debates and ideas that go beyond what is covered in the classroom. Big questions tackle complex ideas across a wide range of subjects and draw on the latest research undertaken at Oxford. Oxplore aims to realise aspirations, promote broader thinking and stimulate intellectual curiosity.
- Admissions podcasts: https://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/series/undergraduate-admissions-podoxford
- Tutors’ interview video diaries: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews/tutors-video-diaries
- Sample interview questions: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/interviews?wssl=1
- Mock interview video: http://www.biology.ox.ac.uk/interviews.html
- Suggested reading: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses/suggested-reading-and-resources?wssl=1
Many more helpful resources can be found on the individual Department and Faculty webpages.
Please also visit the Russell Group’s website for valuable information on subject choices: https://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/