Virtual BAME Humanities Study Day 2021
The 2021 study day is now open for applications!
Get the chance to explore what it is like to apply for and study a humanities degree at Oxford University. This virtual study day is for Year 12 students from UK State Schools who have Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic (BAME) Heritage. The event will take place live via Microsoft Teams on the 8th April from 10:00-14:30.
The day will open with an introduction to the University of Oxford followed by the opportunity to attend two humanities subject lectures. You will also learn more about the Oxford application process with a focus on subject specific admissions tests. The day will conclude with a live Q&A where you will have the opportunity to ask your questions to current Oxford students from BAME backgrounds. View our event poster here.
For the academic lectures you will be able to choose from the following subjects:
- First Lecture Session: History, Oriental Studies, Music or Philosophy
- Second Lecture Session: English, Modern Languages, Classics or History of Art
You will be able to specify a lecture preference on the application form. All lectures will be recorded and available to watch after the event. If you are unable to attend live on the 8th April but would like access to the recordings of the entire event, then please still submit an application.
- Year 12
- Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic (BAME) Heritage
- Attend a UK State School (unless you have extenuating circumstances or meet several of the priority criteria listed below)
- Priority will be given to students who meet one or more of the following: first generation in your family to attend university, have been in local authority care, are a young carer, are eligible for free school meals/pupil premium, are from an area of deprivation or with a low progression to university rate
Application form: https://oxford.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/humanities-bame-study-day-sign-up
Applications will close at midday on the 8th March. We cannot guarantee every applicant a place but are aiming to accommodate a large number of students. You will find out if your application was successful by the 22nd March.
If you have any questions about this form please email one of the organisers, Olivia, at firstname.lastname@example.org.