Alongside their academic studies, students at Magdalen are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities. These societies allow students with similar interests to come together to socialise. There is a wide variety of College societies for students to join at Magdalen, including:
- The Florio Society (Poetry)
- The Atkin Society (Law)
- The Sherrington Society (Medicine)
- The Macintyre Society (History)
- The Magdalen Players (Drama)
- The Addison’s Society (Faith Discussion)
- The Music Society
- Magdalen College Swing Band
- The Film Society
- The Choir
You can find out more about each of these on the JCR website.
These are just some of the societies in Magdalen, and with over 400 clubs and societies at University level too, there’s something for everyone.