MC:P37/P2 Other Photographs
MC:P37/P2/1. n.d. (1923?)
Group photograph of Magdalen undergraduates taken in the Cloisters. The photo is undated, but the Head of the River trophy in the foreground, and the presence of G. O. Nickalls, who only came up in 1920, in the front row, dates the image to 1923.
Size: 280 by 370.
Photograph (black and white), inscribed “Magd: Coll: 1920″ on the back. It shows Magdalen Tower and part of Kitchen Yard Range, seen from the Cherwell in summer, with punt station and punts in the foreground.
Size: 370 by 190 mm.
MC:P37/P2/3 n.d. (February 1921?)
Photograph (black and white) inscribed “Magdalen College 1914–1918 War Memorial”. It shows the memorial cross erected in St. John’s Quadrangle (which was removed in 1940). The steps of the cross are covered in wreaths and flowers, so that the photograph may well have been taken just after its formal inauguration in February 1921.
Size: 250 by 165 mm (including mount).
Return here to the introduction to this catalogue.